Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh man!

So after a long hiatus of blogging (again my apologies!) I am back with a vengence.
Two days in a row! Lucky readers...
I had to blog today though. Curious? Well, my day started off with my alarm blaring at 6:50am. Then I hastened to get ready for school. I leave for the bus always by 7:50. Today is a special day though - it's Katy's birthday!
Last week when I went to Paju with my teachers I bought Katy a set of flower shaped candle holders. I thought they were cute. So I let Katy open them before she left for school. She's had her birthday present from her parents here for more than a week and still decided to wait until later today! That's patience...although I guess she could have peeked without any of us knowing! haha
School today was nothing special. I taught the grade 7 girls the song, "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly." They loved it. I found a website that sings the song and shows the lady eating all the animals right up to the horse! (She died Of course!)
THEN (and this is the exciting part...) I had MAIL! Getting mail here is really so special. It was from Aunt Jennifer - a nice card, letter and do it yourself Christmas decorations!! SWEET. I'm so excited to make some, I think I will make them some weekend soon with friends. Stay tuned for pictures! Now I'm totally in the Christmas mood and I'm playing a Christmas mix I found on the internet! :)

Last night was fun too. A bunch of us got to together for American Thanksgiving. Our friend Ivan is from New York, so naturally we HAD to help him celebrate and eat all the wonderful food he prepared. I think Katy took pictures...I didn't bring my camera. Sorry!

So, sending a hello to everyone reading this. Especially the newest invitee Liz! :)

3 comments:

Shana said...

Wow... I really am impressed!! two blogs in two days! that's like.....a blog a day!!! HAHA... also surprised you didn't steal one of my pics! hehe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been having a busy, fun time. You will have to ask Katy where she went for her hair cut....friends are good for lots of things but haircuts???? hmmm Maybe you need to ask Lindsay to come cut your hair. Aunt Jennifer called for your address so she could send you the decorations so I thought it was perfect when you asked for them last week! It is freezing rain here today. Yuck. Love you lots!!
Mom

Mary Lou and Ron Donkersloot said...

Hey Karen,

Keep the posts coming! It is always fun to read about your adventures and thoughts about what is going on in your life! We are about to sit down to our American Thanksgiving meal. It is really good to be married to an American! Two thanksgivings every year!
Ron